Vegan Gingerbread Salted Caramel Porridge
Gingerbread Salted Caramel Porridge
This porridge is so incredibly creamy it almost looks like a smoothie! Instead of regular oats, I’ve used mostly oat flour to make give it an extra smooth consistency. The gingerbread flavours of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves are the perfect way to get into the festive spirit at this time of year, plus the combination of spices with salted caramel protein elevates the flavour to another level.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 teaspooon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspooon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspooon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 scoop MISSFITS salted caramel vegan multitasker
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 heaped tbsp fine porridge oats
- ¾ cup boiled water
- ½ cup oat milk
- Topping: fruit, seeds
- Add the oats, oat flour and all the spices to a saucepan, cover with the boiled water and stir. Leave to soak for 10 minutes so the flavours can infuse.
- Add the oat milk and cook on a medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly, then stir in the protein powder. Continue to cook for another minute or so until desire consistency is reached, and feel free to add more milk to make it runnier.
- Serve hot with fresh fruit, dried cranberries or raisins and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.