Salted Caramel Protein Donuts
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (warmed in the microwave or on stovetop)
• 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/3 cup applesauce • 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 3/4 cup almond flour
• 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
• 1 scoop of MISSFITS Vegan Salted Carmel Protein Multitasker
• 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
• 1 Tbsp maple syrup
• 1 pinch sea salt
• 1 scoop of MISSFITS Vegan Vanilla Multitasker
HOW TO MAKE 👇
1. Preheat oven to 190 C and lightly grease two donut pans.
2. To a small mixing bowl, add the egg and whisk to vigorously blend to fluff it up
3. Warm almond milk in the microwave. This way, it doesn’t harden the coconut oil and add to egg mixture.
4. To a large mixing bowl, add the melted coconut oil. Then add the coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt to combine. Then add applesauce, almond milk and egg whisk once more to combine.
5. Add baking powder, baking soda, MISSFITS protein powder, almond flour, gluten-free flour and whisk to combine.
6. The mix should be semi-thick and more scoopable than pourable.
7. Divide batter evenly between donut tins, filling all the way full.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes
9. In the meantime, make glaze. To a small mixing bowl, add melted coconut oil, maple syrup,MISSFITS Protein powder , salt, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. You should have a slightly thick glaze.
11. Remove donuts from oven and let cool for 5 minutes (the longer they cool, the more they'll firm up).
12. Dip in glaze. Then top with desired toppings!
Our everyday premium protein blend is all natural, low sugar, gluten-free, no BS. The best protein to make you #fuelyourbest 💕